Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Herman Melville This I Believe

I believe that obsession will lead you nowhere. Life is to short for any obsessions. If you have seen The Prestige (that movie is the bomb by the way), you might get an idea of what I'm talking about. You might be asking yourself: this guy is off his rocker; there is no possiblity for all that saddness in my life just to prove I am a better magician. I will tell you that yes, in your own special way all that saddness will be yours. In that degree? Probably not. But, there will be woes like that in your life if you have a vendetta or something against a friend, enemy, or family member. Life is to short, remember that. Just let go of the past and go forward. Obsession will lead only to sadness. You might here of people getting revenge for something. But if you get down to the nitty gritty of what they did, there will be an astonishing amount of saddness to get to where they are now. Look what happened to Sweeney Todd, he got his revenge. But, in return his wife, child and even himself died in the process. I say again remember life is to short. Let everything go and look forward. Use that hate and fuel your actions for good, not evil. This is what I blieve, and if you have half a mind heed my words. You will regret what you do in the end if you just don't let it go.

2 comments:

  1. Good job on you content. I would suggest you draft in word or check you spelling another way. It has been a pleasure having you in class. Best of luck as you continue your life's journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! You have a blog, bro!

    ReplyDelete