Miracles. Few people believe in them. Anybody who watches the news and hears about something miraculous happening, just doesn’t believe it. I believe that miracles do happen and they can do the impossible.
I remember the day the news was delivered. We lived in Alaska at the time, on a very isolated island. My parents went to Seattle to see what was wrong with my mom, because our town’s hospital was very primitive with very few technological devices. The message came in the form of a phone call. My mom had Multiple Sclerosis. It was a disease that could cripple and kill. It was incurable. My mom, now and forever would have to take a weekly dose of medicine in the form of a shot. The shot would only suppress the symptoms but not cure it. The only problem was, the shot made her have flu like symptoms.
Every couple of months she would have to go to Seattle for a check up to see how bad the disease had spread. Every time it was worse. Day after day after day we prayed, hoped and cried. At first I was naïve and thought it was just a bad dream or something. I soon realized that this was reality and I might have to live with a crippled mom. I could not deal with the thought of not having a mom. So, for three years we dealt with this disease. On one of her normal checkups, she called and informed us that something was up so she would be there a little longer. She called a little later and told us the impossible happened. She was cured. The doctor had to check her MRI a few times to see if it really had been. The incurable had been cured. The impossible and improbable had become possible and probable.[dlr1]
Miracles do happen! This I believe.
[dlr1]Remember! Parallelism!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


So well and sweetly written Bryan! Thanks for sharing thoughts from your heart and not just what's in your head.
ReplyDeletexooxoxx
Wow, I never knew that. Thanks for sharing. You are a great writer.
ReplyDelete